• Over 50% of UK employees have plans to quit their job in the next six months.
• So, how do we stop them from leaving?
• In this session, employee engagement expert Emma Bridger explains the simple steps we can all take to make our employees feel happy, valued and satisfied in their career.
“In agency life, it’s full on. You burn out, you’re away from home a lot, and a lot of people are now saying, ‘I don’t have to put up with this shit’.”
‘The Great Resignation’ has been building up over the last 18 months of lockdown. It has given the general population a fat dose of perspective, and many are re-evaluating what’s important to them in their career.
Add in an incredibly buoyant job market, with skill shortages across the board and you’ve got a recipe for disaster.
So, what can you do to make sure your employees aren’t going anywhere?
Employee engagement expert Emma Bridger says the most fundamental thing is to not make assumptions.
“Most organisations think, ‘Oh, we’ll chuck more money at them and some fancy perks and that’ll do it’,” says Emma. “That’s mistake number one.”
“Speak to people like human beings and ask what good looks like for them.”
As managing director at People Lab, Emma helps companies to develop working experiences that result in engagement performance.
“What we can give agencies is a really simple process to help them uncover for themselves what’s going to work in their organisation,” says Emma. “For one organisation, we reduced attrition by 40% in 12 months.”
Emma will be taking us through:
- Universal themes. The things every employee expects from their boss.
- Individual requirements. How to work out staff needs that are unique to your organisation.
- The maths behind the madness. Stats that show what really matters to staff.
- Case studies.The benefits you should and should NOT be offering your employees.
“A tsunami of great exit is about to happen,” says Emma. “Hopefully this will at last force the hand of organisations to finally start giving their staff the attention they deserve.”
In this training session, Emma will explain the steps you can take to ensure your staff stick with your business, and the changes YOU most definitely need to make too.