• The future is complex and uncertain, and many agency leaders are stuck on what to do next…
• …so, how can you make sure you have a ‘good’ recession?
• In this session, Mike Lander shares his 30+ years of insights into maintaining profitability during a recession, and exactly where to spend your time and money to come out on top.
“This is not a thrive and grow game. This is, ‘how do I survive and get fitter, whilst others around me sadly will not?’”
Mike Lander knows a thing or two about surviving through a recession. After all, he’s been through five of them.
“I’ve seen stagflation, 11% unemployment, interest rates at 15%, the collapse of the banking system, and then Covid. I’m still here, still running a business, and with lots of lessons learnt,” says Mike.
“I know what happens between finance, the CEO and procurement in times like this. There are things you can do to maintain your contract and even grow your presence. But there are going to be some significant bumps in the road.”
The future is uncertain, and if there is a thinning of the herd, what should you do? How will you make sure you have a ‘good’ recession?
In this session, Mike will be taking us through:
- How to run a step-by-step cost efficiency programme
- How to prepare for tough negotiations with existing clients
- How to build long-term relationships with procurement
“You can start to reduce costs without simply turning things off,” says Mike. “The normal reaction is to say, “I’ll just turn it all off’. But this situation requires a scalpel, not an axe.” says Mike.
Come along to hear Mike’s insight into how to keep close to clients during a recession, and exactly where to spend your time and money to come out on top.