• J2 is a creative marketing agency based in London, run by founder and CEO, Julian West.
• In the last two decades, his agency has continued to grow at a rapid pace, with 2021 being its best yet.
• We’ll be chatting to Julian about everything from people and profitability, to his agency’s culture of transparency and the obstacles he’s faced along the way.
Julian West has always been obsessed with numbers.
“It’s about being armed with information at all times so I can make clear decisions about when we recruit, and when we don’t,” says the director and co-founder of J2.
Launched in 2001, Julian’s agency has gone from strength to strength. Even when they were ‘sinking like a stone’ during the recession, they’ve made a profit every single year.
And two decades on, they’ve had their best year yet, in 2021 turning over £6.3m, with a £1m EBIT.
So, what’s the secret to J2’s success?
In our latest Open Source session, we’ll be speaking to Julian about his agency’s journey, including:
- His agency’s culture of transparency.
- The structural changes he made to for the business to be more efficient.
- The shrewd decisions he’s made to ensure J2 is profitable rather than ‘busy’.
Come along and hear more about Julian’s story – and don’t be afraid to ask questions.