VCCP London has hired a number of new creatives as part of a significant expansion.
Five new hires will be joining the UK’s biggest creative agency, following a sustained period of global growth and new business wins.
New talent joining the agency include:
- Creative Director, Frances Leach
- Senior Creatives, Filipe Birck and James Lucking-Pham
- Midweight Creative Team, Alice Goodrich and Lara Baxter.
Between them the creatives have scooped numerous awards, with duo Filipe and James grabbing recent attention and plaudits for a 300sq ft IKEA bag on Oxford Street to add to a Cannes Lion award for work with Uber Eats, Frances was also successful at Cannes Lions in 2023 with ‘Baby Scan’ for Marmite.
In the past year, VCCP London has continued to grow and has won new creative accounts from clients including Primark, Keep Britain Tidy, Chilly’s and Allwyn. The integrated agency has continued to create award winning work for fabric of Britain brands including Cadbury and Walkers as well as challenger brands including White Claw, Domino’s and Virgin Media O2.
Jonathan Parker and Chris Birch, Executive Creative Directors at VCCP London, said: “One of the absolute best things about this job is that we get to build our own department full of amazing people and occasionally go out and hire some great talent from elsewhere. It’s a huge privilege to see some work that we really like and to then be able to invite the creatives behind it to come to VCCP towers.
- “That’s the case here – we loved (like many others) James and Filipe’s ‘Do Less’ campaign for Uber Eats and Ikea’s Big Blue Bag, they’ve got an amazing future ahead of them and we’re double chuffed they’re in the building! Likewise, Fran has done so much great work like Marmite’s ‘Baby Scan’ that it’s tricky to list it all, with Alice and Lara joining as well, we’re very lucky so many great creatives are joining at the same time.
“Alice and Lara won a pitch in their first three weeks! That’s a bit too keen though to be honest.”
Multi-award-winning Creative Director, Frances Leach joins from adam&eveddb. Her Marmite ‘Baby Scan’, won two Golds and two Bronze awards at Cannes and a Campaign Big Award. She also created Temptations ‘Pack Attack’ with her then partner Chris Bowsher, where 15 cats were let loose on a box of Temptations to prove their irresistibility. It was one of Campaign’s top ten print ads of the year and picked up awards at D&AD, Cannes, Campaign Big and Eurobest. Whilst at DLKW Lowe she also won a Cannes Lion for Domestos.
Frances Leach, Creative Director, added: “I’m so excited to be joining VCCP. It’s a great agency with an amazing array of clients. This, along with my Dairy Milk addiction, meant it was impossible to say no.”
One of the absolute best things about this job is that we get to build our own department full of amazing people and occasionally go out and hire some great talent from elsewhereJonathan Parker, Chris Birch
Rising stars Filipe Birck and James Lucking-Pham join from Mother where they were responsible for the Gold Film Lion winning Uber Eats ‘Do Less’ campaign and also set tongues wagging and picked up numerous awards for creating a huge 300 sq ft IKEA bag on Oxford Street as part of an OOH build, picking up a Campaign Big Award. They also worked across clients including KFC and The Wall Street Journal.
- Filipe Birck and James Lucking-Pham, Senior Creatives, said: “The opportunity to work with so many talented people and create iconic work for some of the world’s most iconic brands, was impossible to pass up. We’re excited to help shape the next chapter of the agency, and add to VCCP’s legacy of creativity that lives in culture.”
Alice Goodrich and Lara Baxter join from Anomaly and have already won a pitch in their first few weeks. Outside of work they created the #DeadElfs campaign to tackle the problem of disposable vape litter.
Alice Goodrich and Lara Baxter, Midweight Creatives, said: “They had us at pizza and chocolate. We’re buzzed to be here, surrounded by lovely, talented people and working on some of the biggest brands in the UK. Can’t wait to get cracking.”
The new creative teams will work across clients including Mondelēz International and VMO2.
Do you have agency news? Email [email protected]
Join 3,000+ agencies
Get the Agency Hackers Newsletter, and read candid stories from other agency leaders.