The holiday season is just around the corner, and it’s prime time for marketers!
Things get really busy as the big day lurks, as we all scramble to make the most of one of the year’s biggest shopping sprees. And to nail your affiliate marketing game this festive season, it’s all about getting your ducks in a row early on.
In the UK, the average household drops a £642 a year on gifts alone. Brands are catching on that the early bird gets the worm, aiming to catch shoppers right as they start ticking off their Christmas lists. Waiting until the last minute to slash prices? That’s a thing of the past. Today’s affiliate marketing is all about smart moves and killer strategies.
But here’s the twist: GlobalData’s retail experts are predicting a 3.4% jump in total spending this year, hitting nearly £110bn in the last quarter. But with inflation still doing its thing, shoppers are hunting for deals and getting choosy with their gift lists.
So, how do you make your festive affiliate marketing campaign pop? The pros at Silverbean, a global affiliate marketing agency, have some insider tips to share.
As a marketer, you’ll know that the preparation for the festive period starts way earlier than you can even start thinking about Christmas shopping. Previously, brands focused their festive efforts on December. However, with the rise in popularity of the US’ biggest shopping days Black Friday and Cyber Monday, retailers are working to launch campaigns as soon as their customer’s plane touches down from that summer getaway.
- More opportunities mean more competition. With 81% of brands running Affiliate Partner Programmes, you’ll need to stand out.
Data is king
Data is the backbone of any successful campaign. Drawing from over 17 years of experience running Affiliate Partner Programmes for retailers, you can trust the data to guide your strategy. Utilise tools and insights to answer critical questions, such as publisher performance and product resonance in the affiliate space.
- Always prioritise your affiliate data over publisher statistics to make informed decisions.
Activating your program
A static approach won’t cut it in today’s competitive landscape. Optimise your Affiliate Partner Programme by aligning it with your business objectives.
- Whether you aim to increase revenue, market share, or expand into new markets, a dynamic and tailored strategy is essential.
Set targets and consider your budget
Once your goals are clear, determine the budget needed to achieve them. Collaborate with experts to ensure your goals are achievable with your budget.
- Don’t be afraid to dream big with a healthy budget, and break down targets into smaller, measurable KPIs.
Learn from past campaigns, both successes and failures. Analyse what worked and what didn’t, and use this knowledge to fine-tune your approach.
- Be open to revisiting strategies that didn’t succeed and making necessary adjustments.
Communicate with publishers
Building strong relationships with publishers is key in a competitive affiliate marketing landscape. Leverage established connections to secure prime spots with top publishers.
- Share a calendar of product launches, discounts, and promotions early to help affiliates prepare high-quality content in advance.
Know Your Calendar
The holiday season is not just about Christmas. Take advantage of other key shopping events, such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Extend promotions to capture the longest possible shopping period, and consider global opportunities like China’s Singles Day.
Don’t overlook the technical aspects of your Affiliate Partner Programme. Ensure that your product feed is up-to-date, sale prices are displayed correctly, and cross-device tracking is working flawlessly.
- A seamless technical setup will make it easier for publishers to promote your brand.
Join 3,000+ agencies
Get the Agency Hackers Newsletter, and read candid stories from other agency leaders.