Join this session
2pm, Thursday 29th July 2021
This is for Agency Hackers members. If your agency isn’t a member yet, please sign up here.
CLIENT SIDE: What Do Clients Really Look for in an Agency?
- We all want to know what clients really think of us, and what they’re expecting of us as agencies…
- …so why not ask them?
- We’ll be joined by Nick Haigh from BAE Systems Applied Intelligence to give us the lowdown on everything from pitches and procurement to the delivery process.
It’s the age-old question: what are clients really looking for in an agency?
While there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer, we’ll be joined by Nick Haigh to give us an insight into the client-side of things.
“On a basic level, I want agencies to understand who we are and what we do,” says the Head of External Global Communications at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence.
“Our business unit doesn’t do ships, planes and submarines, but what we often find is people don’t realise that when they Google our name, and they focus in on things we have nothing to do with.”
So, what are some of the key things Nick looks out for when working with agencies?
- Creativity of thought. “I like to set exam questions to see their ideas and tactics. We create software, but how on earth will you bring an intangible thing like software to life?”
- Passion for the project. “How much will they love me? I want to see that we’ll get as much love and attention as their other clients.”
- Looking at the bigger picture. “What I hope is that agencies find a way of putting the human at the centre of the story. It’s thinking about the holistic picture and making sure all the boxes are considered and ticked.”
We’ll be discussing all these things and more, including re-pitching, procurement, the delivery process, and the biggest agency turn-offs.
Make sure to tune in and find out what clients really think of you…