Join this session
12pm, Tuesday 5th January 2021
This is for Agency Hackers members. If your agency isn't a member yet, please sign up here.
EOT Schemes: “We Sold Our Agency… To Our Employees”
- Go behind the scenes of Clearleft’s transfer to an ’employee ownership trust’
- What are the benefits of doing this for agency owners – AND their teams?
- How does it work – and is it right for you?
Andy Budd is selling Clearleft after 15 years.
Not to an international consultancy – but to its employees.
“Clearleft will be run for—and on behalf of—all our team, now and in the future” says Andy. “So rather than working for a company where the benefits go to a handful of individuals, they will be shared evenly amongst the team.”
Andy has agreed to tell us about this major change.
- What are the advantages to the owners?
- How does it work money-wise?
- How do you communicate this to the team?
- What changes culturally when your staff are in control?
We’re also joined by Ewan Hall from Baxendale Employee Ownership, which helps companies navigate successful employee ownership transitions.
If you’re looking at exit options and you think an EOT could be something to explore, this will make sure you’re fully in the picture.